Hi! This page was created to help you understand the rules of arrival in and departure from Nepal to China.
Regular (3-4 days) — $ 75 / person.
With filling out all forms for you (3-4 days) — $ 85 / person.
Urgent with filling out all forms (1-2 days) — $ 100 / person.
To arrive in Nepal, you must have the following documents:
1. PCR test in English not older than 72 hours before departure.
2. An invitation from the Department of Immigration of Nepal (we issue).
3. Insurance with covid coverage of at least $ 5,000 (we recommend highlighting the word COVID-19 with a marker so that they can immediately see it).
4. The printed result after filling out the form from the state website https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/online. EXAMPLE
5. Hotel reservation for 7 days.
6. Form: https://ccmc.gov.np/arms/person_add.php be sure to print the Barcode (if you could not follow the link, then open it via vpn USA — copy the link and paste it into the required field, select proxy USA below). Fill in only the fields marked with an asterisk * (questions highlighted in red, BUT NOT marked with an asterisk — ignore). EXAMPLE
7. Air ticket for an international flight.
To start the procedure of issuing an invitation for you, we need to receive:
1. Scan of the passport.
2. Insurance with COVID-19 coverage of at least $ 5,000. There must be at least one phrase in English stating that the insurance covers the covid. And the coverage amount must be more than $ 5,000.
3. Booking air tickets in English.
4. Hotel reservation for 7 nights in Kathmandu in English.
Documents in one letter please send to the mail: email@example.com All registration takes 3-4 working days, but it is better to start a week or one and a half week before arrival.
Payment of $ 75 per person (with filling out forms — $ 85, urgent — $ 100) upon arrival in Kathmandu.
By yourself need to do:
1. PCR test not older than 72 hours prior to departure.
2. The form https://ccmc.gov.np/arms/person_add.php be sure to print the Barcode (if you could not follow the link, then open it via vpn USA — copy the link and paste it into the required field, select proxy USA below ). Fill in only the fields marked with an asterisk * (questions highlighted in red, BUT NOT marked with an asterisk — ignore). Save digital version and print. EXAMPLE
3. Fill out the form from the state website https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/online. EXAMPLE
Visa to Nepal:
Based on your documents, we issue an invitation from the Department of Immigration of Nepal. It is issued on the date of your arrival in the country in accordance with your air ticket. You must arrive exactly on this date. Upon arrival, at the airport, based on this document, you can apply for a tourist visa:
1. For 15 days — 30 USD
2. For 30 days — 50 USD
3. For 90 days — 125 USD
It is possible to pay in advance online by filling out the application form on the website https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/online OR pay at the airport in cash or by card. We strongly recommend paying for your visa upon arrival at the airport in cash in US dollars.
You can stay in Nepal for no more than 150 days a year with a tourist visa.
The state of Nepal requires 7 nights of quarantine upon arrival in the country. But the Chinese Embassy in Nepal issued a decree according to which foreigners wishing to fly to China must spend at least 10 days in quarantine in Nepal.
Requirements of the Chinese Embassy in Nepal to obtain a green code:
When a Chinese foreigner who enters Nepal from a third country and travels to China on a direct flight between China and Nepal, applies for a health code and HDC code from our library, please upload pictures of negative nucleic acid test, negative serum IgM antibody test and other pictures required by embassy and consulate in the system:
1. Negative nucleic acid report of the designated institution of our library
2. One IgM antibody negative report from the designated institution of our library
3. Screenshot of Green Health Code or Green HDC Code issued by Chinese Embassy and Consulate in the country of origin
4. Latest entry stamp photo to Nepal
5. Valid Nepal Visa Photo
If there is no green health code or green HDC code issued by the embassy or consulate in the country of origin, «cross double detection» is required in Nepal. That is, two testing institutions designated by our library to do double testing respectively (testing institution A: nucleic acid 1 + IgM antibody 1, testing institute B: nucleic acids 1 + antibody IgM. A total of 4 tests). And in the system please upload the negative nucleic acid test certificate, serum IgM antibody test negative proof pictures and other pictures required by the embassy and consulate. Location at the same time upload:
1. 2 nucleic acid negative reports (tested in different institutions)
2. 2 IgM antibody negative reports (tested in different institutions)
3. the latest entry stamp photos into Nepal
4. Valid Nepal visa photo
1. The persons intending to go to China shall truthfully fill in the system the personal information and voyage information such as the place of permanent residence, identity and work unit abroad. Forgery or unauthorized alteration of test reports and intentional concealment of medical conditions are strictly prohibited. Once discovered, the embassy and relevant domestic departments will handle the cases according to regulations and seriously investigate the legal responsibilities of the relevant personnel according to law. After testing, please pay attention to home isolation, avoid eating out, shopping, etc., strictly prevent infection after inspection. Please do a good job in testing, going to the airport and during the flight.
2. The Chinese Embassy in Nepal once again reminds that Tribhuvan Airport in Kathmandu, Nepal does not have the conditions for connecting flights. International passengers can not transfer directly in the airport, and need to enter the country before leaving. You must hold the permission or recommendation letter approved by the Nepalese government, or the tourist visa in advance in Nepali embassies and consulates. Mandatory quarantine for at least 10 days after entry. International passengers do not choose to transfer through Nepal, so as not to cause unnecessary losses.
3. Please pay close attention to the safety alerts and information on overseas epidemic situations issued by the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and embassies and consulates abroad. Fully assess the current international travel may bring serious risks such as cross-infection, stay abroad, long isolation period, adhere to the «non-essential, do not travel» principle, as far as possible to avoid foreign travel in the country, in foreign countries to avoid long-distance cross-border movement.
Consular Assistance and Protection Hotline of the Chinese Embassy in Nepal: 00977-1 4431511, 009977-9828713715 (special hotline for SARS). Ministry of Foreign Affairs Global Consular Protection and Services Emergency Call Center: + 86-10-12308.
Chinese Embassy in Nepal
7 January 2021
Medical tests in Kathmandu take an average of 12 hours.
Time to receive the green code for a flight to China is 12 hours.
Hospitals that are allow for «cross double detection» in Kathmandu: Hams Hospital and Star Hospital.
Prices for two tests (PCR + IgM):
Hams Hospital — 3500 NPR (about 35$). Sample collection from hotel 1000 NPR per person.
Star Hospital — 3400 NPR (about 34$). Sample collection from hotel 1000 NPR per person.
For advice and additional questions, please contact Viktoria +9779810125378 (Telegram, WhatsApp, Viber), WeChat ID: NepalHikeup or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be happy to provide additional services. And during quarantine to show and tell you more about Nepal and its capital on our excursions.